Bob Streit’s yield summary of Dave Schwartz corn program for 2016, with a full season foliar nutrition program and Bio Empruv on some fields as a treatment for the “new” Goss’s wilt entity:
- Low river bottom fields, surrounded by trees and having a terrible disease history.
- Best yield ever on whole farm: 165
- Best yield checks ever before this year: 225
- Corn on bean, terraced. No Bio Empruv 165
- Corn/corn, flat ground, all treatments: 275-295
- Corn on corn, all treatments, long rows:. 245-255
- Flat spots, all treatments, c/sb: 285-340
The corn stayed totally green thru late September and was still 85-90% green on Oct 9. Stalks were white and solid at harvest. Best I have seen.