Central Iowa Agronomics has a “great lineup of speakers for our third annual pre-season meeting,” says Iowa crop consultant Bob Streit. You can visit with other farmers in a new meeting facility deserving of five-star class: It’s the Briggs Wood Conference Center just off Interstate 20, south of Webster City, Iowa. (See photo below.)
Bob says, “This meeting is designed to provide the latest field crop production information to consultants and farmers. Speakers will share their recommendations for 2020, and give an overview of the successes they’ve seen in recent growing seasons.”
January 9, 2020 — For a complete description of the speakers and contact information to register, please visit Central Iowa Agronomics at this link: https://www.centraliowaag.com/3rd-annual-pre-season-meeting-1222020/
Each of the speakers will also be available to answer your individual questions.
See agenda below, followed by the 12 top how-to benefits you’ll want to learn for the coming season.
Something new this year is a presentation by an experienced medical practitioner who works with people in his rural area of Wisconsin who have health problems related to heavy metals, solvents, pesticides, mold or those spread by insects. We recognize that part of keeping your operation financially healthy can be dependent on your family remaining physically healthy.
The take-home message: Healthy soil creates healthy plants and nutritious food and grain — which produces healthy and productive livestock and people.
8:30 – 9:00: Registration
9:00 – 9:30: Introduction and presentation on new products with great potential — Bob Streit
9:30 – 10:00: Nutrient use efficiency — Dave Schwartz
10:00 – 11:00: Pursanova water technology — Vatche’ Keuftedjian
11:00 – 11:15: Break
11:15 – 12:15: Farmer and agricultural exposures — Dr. Allan Lindsley and Ryan Riley
12:15 – 12:45: Lunch (Provided) Short overview of the WakeUp product — Jerry Carlson
12:45 – 1:30: Combining microbial technologies for Abiotic Stress Tolerance and Nutrient Use Efficiency to Enhance Crop Yields — Rusty Rodriguez
1:30 – 2:15 How Minor Micro Nutrients, Microbes, Humics, Energy Products, and Essential Oils are Becoming the next Frontier in Plant Nutrition — Brad Forkner
2:15 – 2:45: Energized fertilizer applied to plants – benefits + function — Eric Massey
2:45 – 3:00: Break
3:00 – 4:00: Tillage tools – How they work and their adjustments — Kevin Kimberley
4:00 – 4:30: BioDyne solutions — Brody Benton
4:30 – 4:45: Q&A session
Top benefits and insights you’ll gain at this meeting
1. What steps need to be in your cropping program and are both feasible and cost effective for increasing your ROI, minimizing costs while maximizing output.
2. Learn the steps to increase your Haney scores and why increasing levels can be crucial.
3. How can we build Haney scores quickly and cheaply.
4. What products proved valuable in 2019?
5. What are humates, what do they do, how are they measured and what levels are best?
6. If the planting season is a repeat of 2018 or 2019, how do we respond?
7. If cooler and cloudy conditions repeat in 2019, what products will help the plants respond to fewer GDUs and low sunlight levels?
8. New products tested in 2019 that deserve a shot on your acres.
9. The humate/mineral expert winner in Hefty’s High Yield and new $/A plot shares his thoughts.
10. Information about a mineral based product that supplies micro-nutrients plus eliminates disease pressure for the entire season.
11. Human health is increasingly challenging to farmers and Ag people due to exposures to pesticides, heavy metals, and Lyme disease. Information on testing, remediation and eliminating the disease. We will hear from a Midwest health professional who has had great success in treating people.
12. New and keen insights into the liquid we rely on every day and in every way – water. Information presented by the recent winner of the 2019 worldwide International Trade Council contest.